The Kit incorporates three options for different types of hardness of the test sample, which consists of a U-shaped support that is attached to the Texturometer load cell through an adapter. The holder can accept a wire for cutting with high tensile strength. The test is limited compression from a known height.
KIT Composed of the following elements:
- “U” -shaped frame + Load Cell Adapter
- 100 mm long stainless steel blade with a cutting radius of R = 1 mm (for CHEESES)
- 100 mm long stainless steel blade with a cutting radius of R = 0.5 mm (for CHEESES)
- 100 mm long stainless steel wire with a cutting radius of R = 0.7 mm (for BUTTERS)
* (The blades and the cutting wire can be exchanged easily to use the most suitable one depending on the firmness of the product to be tested)
It is mainly used for cutting self-supporting butter, cheese, lard and block samples.
The typical results are: